Home

Latest News

GCSE Results 2015 Once Again Impressive
20/08/2015 | General News
article thumbnail

Congratulations to all of the 192 Academy pupils who sat GCSE examinations this year. Of these,  55.4% of all entries resulted in the top grades A*/A, and when B Grades are included this figure rises to 82.9%. 97.4 % gained 5 passes at A*-C, including English and Mathematics, while the overall pass rate of 96.1% confirms that all of our pupils have worked extremely hard to fulfil their potential. There were many superb performances, however especially noteworthy were those of  ...


 website image2

GCSE Results
16/08/2015 | General News

The school will be open for Academy students from 9.30am on Thursday 20 August for the release of GCSE results. Year 11 results will be available from the general office after 2pm. Please see the summary below:


Prospective Sixth Form Students
14/08/2015 | General News

Are you interested in studying A Levels at Banbridge Academy?  A wide range of subjects is available.  Please contact the school with your GCSE results on Thursday 20th August 2015 by 12 noon to arrange an appointment.  Telephone: (028) 40623220.   A Level Subject Choice Booklet


Celebrating Achievement at A2 and AS 2015
13/08/2015 | General News
article thumbnail

Our A Level results this year are among the best ever obtained in Banbridge Academy.  The pass rate is 99.0% with 41.1% of all entries achieving grades A*/A, which when combined with the 32.2% of entries gaining a grade B, yields an impressive total of grades A*- B of 73.3%.  Out of the 190 pupils who entered these examinations 39 gained a minimum of 3 A grades or better, with 6 obtainin ...


A Level Results Pics
13/08/2015 | General News

Thanks to the Belfast Telegraph for including photos of our A2 and AS students in their online gallery http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/galleries/news/in-pictures-alevel-results-day-across-northern-ireland-31449074.html. We are featured in pics 4, 8, 9 and 32-46.


A Level Results
10/08/2015 | General News

The school will be open for A2 students from 9.30am on Thursday 13 August for the release of A Level results. Year 13 results will be available from 10.30am. Please see the summary below:   


Best Wishes For Retirement
02/07/2015 | General News
article thumbnail

We would like to take this opportunity to wish Madame Marie-France Browne and Dr Pat Jeffers well as they retire after 37 and 26 years respectively. They will be greatly missed and we thank them both for their wonderful service to the Banbridge Academy community over the years.


Academy Students No 'Couch Potatoes'
02/07/2015 | General News

"One potato, two potato, three potato more ..."
Are we eating less potatoes?  Hope not! They are such good value for money as well as being a good source of important nutrients such as vitamin C and potassium.  They are also fat, cholesterol and sodium free making them suitable for every type of diet! During the summer term at Banbridge Academy, Year 10 Home Economics pupils participated in a min ...


Sports Leaders UK Level 2
29/06/2015 | General News

As part of their course, our Level 2 Sports Leaders took 55 Edenderry PS students for a games session which included a variety of drills teaching new skills and making it enjoyable for the kids. Course tutor Owen Magee was very proud of the 22 Leaders and their development over the 3 days.  Course manager Mark Cordner was pleased to see the GCSE class integrate with the sports leaders and s ...


Academy Pupils Rise To The Challenge
29/06/2015 | General News

This year over 100 pupils from Years 10 and 11 at Banbridge Academy competed in the British Biology Challenge. Over 35,000 pupils from across the UK took up the challenge. The competition is for pupils to showcase their knowledge on a range of Biology topics, in two on-line tests. This was the second year that young biologists from the Academy had entered and the doubling of last year’s number  ...


Valid XHTML and CSS.